Desperate to ditch my minimalist backpack for something with easier access during crowded public transit rides, I fell prey to those perfectly targeted Facebook ads and ordered the O.G. from Lo & Sons and the Legend Tote from Dagne Dover. The goal was to compare the two and figure out which one delivers more in terms of meeting my needs as a working mom who commutes on a train and then on a shuttle bus with her toddler.
Before we get started, you should know that this is my unsolicited opinion and I was in no way compensated for writing either of these reviews.
Review of the O.G. from Lo & Sons
What’s to love about the O.G. from Lo & Sons
- It has a hidden compartment for an extra pair of shoes
- Comes with a detachable crossbody strap
- Plenty of pockets
- Key leash
- The back unzips to slide over your suitcase handle
- Depending on the color you select, the fabric may be water resistant
What’s not to love about the O.G. from Lo & Sons
- No designated spot for a water bottle or travel coffee mug
- The bag doesn’t maintain its shape when full, making it difficult to access the items that you’ve stashed away in the front pocket
- If you use the shoe compartment and load the bag to capacity, you will likely damage your shoes if the other items in the bag are heavy (like glass Tupperware containers or water bottles)
- It’s easy to put shoes in the shoe compartment, but I found it difficult to get shoes out of the compartment
Review of the Legend Tote from Dagne Dover
What’s to love about the Legend Tote from Dagne Dover
- Designated oversized neoprene bottle holder for water bottles or travel coffee mugs
- Heavily padded laptop compartment
- Key leash
- Very large interior zip compartment
- Long interior pocket for sunglasses
- Adequate number of pockets to hold small things like pens, business cards, toy cars, lipstick, etc.
What’s not to love about the Legend Tote from Dagne Dover
- When I packed it full, including an extra pair of shoes, I couldn’t zip it
- The fabric is listed as “coated canvas”, which I doubt is water resistant
Photo Review of the O.G. from Lo & Sons and the Legend Tote from Dagne Dover
Which one did I end up keeping?
Sadly, I did not keep either bag. After physically picking up the O.G. with all of my stuff in it, it weighed 12.6 lbs. And that is with all of the food and drink containers being empty. I can only imagine how much it weights when they are full! That is just too much weight to carry on one shoulder, so it looks like I will need to stick with using a backpack as long as I keep commuting with a toddler and insisting that everything fit in one bag, lunch and snacks included. If the weight were not an issue, I would have kept the O.G. for the simple reason that I can fit more in it and every mom needs a good Mary Poppins bag. However, if I was just a working female instead of a working mom, I would have kept the Legend Tote because it is both gorgeous and functional.
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to this blog by adding your email address in the sidebar on the right, or by clicking the ‘Follow’ button in the bottom right-hand corner!
This post was inspired by today’s daily prompt: Delivery