About Me

Hi there! My name is Robin. Apparently, you clicked on the ‘About Me’ link because, well, you’d like to learn a little more about me.

Colleagues call me a recruiter. Strangers say I’m a good listener. Acquaintances tend to think I’m confident. Friends don’t sugar coat it and call me boisterous. Some of them also call me a résumé writer.

I’m all of those things and more. I’m a blogger, marketer, and entrepreneur. I’m also a Douglas Adams fan, a mom, and an aspiring minimalist. And I make amazing sandwiches.

I created this blog as an outlet for my creativity and opinions – and hopefully to meet some awesome people along the way!

This blog is divided into 3 parts

Part 1: Reviews

As a mom, I believe that you should learn from the failures and successes of others. The review portion of this blog is intended for you to learn from what I get right and what I get wrong so that you don’t waste your time or money on something that’s not right for you. I review the following…


Indoor fun for kids

Outdoor fun for kids

Restaurants + bars for adults


Bags + backpacks

Clothing + shoes

Part 2: Career Bootcamp

If you need to update your résumé and are the do-it-yourself type, I have a few products that you will find useful at my business website. As a Certified Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW), I believe that, regardless of your industry or seniority, 80% of what you do is the same as other job applicants. The other 20% is unique to you. It’s your personality, your drive, your essence. The 80% is what recruiters and hiring managers expect. The 20% is why they hire you. Use the Career Bootcamp section to learn how to figure out what your 20% is and how to market it to employers. In this section, you will find tips on the following…


LinkedIn optimization

Part 3: Personal Musings

This is self-explanatory, right?


Want to chat? Feel free to leave a comment on one of my posts — I check the comments every day.

Happy Reading!



Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to this blog by adding your email address in the sidebar on the right, or by clicking the ‘Follow’ button in the bottom right-hand corner!

One Reply to “About Me”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s